American Idol 8 – Top 10 – Studio Recordings [download]March 28, 2009
I’m back up guys! And here are the studio recordings as promised! I hope you guys didn’t wait too long for this, my sincere apologies! Exams are inevitable, unfortunately.
– American Idol 8 – Top 10 Studio Recordings –
50 Years of Motown Week
- Matt Giraud – “Let’s Get It On”
- Kris Allen – “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)”
- Scott MacIntyre – “You Can’t Hurry Love”
- Megan Joy – “For Once In My Life”
- Anoop Desai – “Ooo Baby Baby”
- Michael Sarver – “Ain’t Too Proud To Beg”
- Lil Rounds – “(Love Is Like A) Heatwave”
- Adam Lambert – “The Tracks Of My Tears”
- Danny Gokey – “Get Ready”
- Allison Iraheta – “Papa Was A Rolling Stone”
While most are listenable, the standout track is Matt Giraud’s. His simply sound the best. Danny Gokey and Scott MacIntyre have equally horrible song choices. I expected more from Allison Iraheta and Adam Lambert’s tracks, but they sounded better live with their own versions. I think its super cool that the contestants get to record their voices over the original tunes in the background.
I might as well compile my weekly reviews in this post. Firstly, WTF? First Alexis Grace, next Matt Giraud? Matt did not deserve to be in the bottom two at all. He was awesome this week, one of the best of the night. Him being there just sends angry impulses down my spine. I seriously hope that doesn’t happen again. Michael Sarver was eliminated, thankfully. No save from the judges too. We expected that. But Matt, THAT was shocking. And uncalled for.
And another thing, Megan Joy Corkrey is now officially known as Megan Joy only. *headdesks* Time to change your tags, guys.
A tribute to Michael Sarver.
Enjoy! Please leave comments!